From GridLAB-D Wiki
The following process is used for clearing a release.
- Every night a build for each platform that is supported is completed. The build is named gridlabd-platform-date-nightly. An installer extension is added that is platform dependent.
- For each platform, if there is not current candidate release and the nightly build passes autotest, then the nightly build is renamed gridlabd-platform-major_minor-candidate-id and the availability of the candidate for that platform is announced to the news group.
- If a major, critical, or blocker reported bug for a candidate is found, the candidate is rejected and it is deleted from the server.
- If a candidate survives for a week without being deleted it is adopted as the final release for the version in question by being renamed gridlabd-platform-major_minor_0.
After a version is released, the process continues, but only as patches named gridlabd-platform-major_minor_patch.
Expected platforms are
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 on 32bit Intel platforms.
- Windows XP, Vista, and 7 on 64bit Interl platforms.
- mac os x
- Mac OS X DMG.
- Redhat n RPM.
- All gnutools-capable platforms