*** WORKING DRAFT ***
Please review, edit and comment as necessary.
- 1 Application Concept
- 2 Use Case
- 3 General Requirements
- 3.1 R1
- 3.2 R2
- 3.3 R3
- 3.4 R4
- 3.5 R5
- 3.6 R6
- 4 See Also
An improvement to the commercial building module is required and shall be introduced in Hassayampa (Version 3.0). As of Four Corners (Version 2.2), the commercial building module only supports single zones with packaged unit (e.g., rooftop) HVAC.
The following requirement are to be satisfied by Hassayampa (Version 3.0)
- Multiple zone buildings
- Commercial buildings shall support multiple zones in a single building.
- Number of zones
- The number of zones modeled shall be determined by the user's model definition.
- Interconnected zones
- The multizone model shall allow the user to specify the heat flow and air-exchange rates between each zone as a function of the difference conditions in each zone and the HVAC system type in use.
- Commercial HVAC systems
- Commercial buildings shall support central HVAC systems.
- Variable air volume
- The central HVAC system model shall support Variable Air Volume (VAV) systems.
- Constant volume
- The central HVAC system model shall support Constant Volume Reheat (CVR) systems.
- Rooftop package unit with plenum return
- The central HVAC system model shall support Rooftop Package Unit with Plenum Return (RTUPR) systems.
- Four pipe HVAC
- The central HVAC system model shall support Four Pipe (FOURPIPE) systems.
- Building types
- Commercial buildings class shall be implemented for different building types.
- Small office
- The small_office class shall implement single-zone office buildings with rooftop packaged unit systems.
- Large office
- The large_office class shall implement multi-zone office buildings with multiple package-unit systems or central systems.
- The retail class shall implement single- and multi-zone retail buildings with one or more rooftop packages unit systems.
- The grocery class shall implement retail food sales (e.g., grocery, supermarket) buildlings.
- Food service
- The food_service class shall implement food service buildings.
- The lodging class shall implement hotel/motel buildings.
- The school class shall implement education building.
- The health class shall implement health service delivery (e.g., clinic, hospital) buildings.
- Input data
- Output data
- Intermediate data
- The model shall publish intermediate values for debugging and performance enhancement purposes.
- Number of zones
- The number of conditioned zones in the building shall be designated Nzones.
- Number of nodes
- The number of thermal nodes in the building shall be designated Nnodes.
- Special nodes
- The number of nodes shall include the ground and outdoor air nodes.
- Temperature difference
- The temperature differences between nodes shall be designated dT(Nnodes x Nnodes) in degF.
- HVAC heat (loss)
- The heat gain from (loss to if negative) the HVAC system shall be designated Qh(Nnodes) in Btu/h.
- Thermal gain (loss)
- The thermal gains from (or loss to if negative) other zones shall be designated Qz(Nnodes x Nnodes) in Btu/h. The diagonal values shall represent internal gains (or loss if negative) for each node.
- Heating capacity
- The heating system capacity shall be designated Qhcap in Btu/h. If separate heating capacities are used for each zone, the heating system capacity shall be designated Qhcap(Nzones) in Btu/h.
- Cooling capacity
- The cooling system capacity shall be designated Qhcap in Btu/h. If separate cooling capacities are used for each zone, the cooling system capacity shall be designated Qhcap(Nzones) in Btu/h.
- User's manuals
- Technical documents